Thursday, November 7, 2013

Uninspired


Many people have been asking me about why the blog hasn't been updated recently, and the honest answer is I am uninspired.  So the answer back is 'you should write a blog about that'.  This is it.  My uninspired, probably going to jump around blog post.  Oklahoma in November is my favorite month so far. The weather has cooled down and the sun sets earlier and its a reminder that winter is coming and that my program is going to start soon! That is always a terrifying thought.  The sooner Christmas comes the sooner I learn that I need to get this program started and off the ground asap! Well not asap, but by January.  That is if we can get contact with the Principle again.  We have called and emailed for weeks and I haven't heard anything back.  And there is an important question that needs to be addressed but it can't happen until we get in contact with each other.  So frustrating. Overall, things down here for me are going well, small stresses, and some interesting people, but overall it is going well! Reminder for those who are reading this and want to help out with my project, Global Ministries uses a program called The Advance to collect funds towards each project.  Each Missionary has an advance number, mine is 3021852, by using this number to donate money towards our project as well as donating towards future missionaries that are doing the same kinds of work all around the world.  On December 3, 2013 the advance is matching every amount that is donated on that day.  I encourage all of you to help out my project as well as the future of Young Adult Missionaries around the United States as well as the World by donating on December 3.
http://www.umcmission.org/Explore-Our-Work/Missionaries-in-Service/Missionary-Profiles/Thorson--Kristina

Here is a link to my profile and more information about how to donate online!
Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for letting us know about December 3, Kristina! I'll put it in the November church newsletter so that your church family in Bothell can remember you on that day. It's kind of like a birthday, isn't it, with hopefully unexpected presents! Glad you're enjoying November in Oklahoma. Today Seattle is living up to its stereotype of being rainy and windy, so I'm glad it's lovely in OK!

    ReplyDelete